Centre for Continuing Education

Pastoral Care

The University of Auckland has agreed to observe and be bound by the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of international students published by the Ministry of Education.

Code of Practice

Copies of the Code are available on request from this institution or from the New Zealand Ministry of Education website at www.minedu.govt.nz/goto/international.


Full details of visa and permit requirements, advice on rights to employment in New Zealand while studying, and reporting requirements are available through the New Zealand Immigration Service and can be viewed on their website at www.immigration.govt.nz.

Eligibility for Health Services

Most international students are not entitled to publicly funded health services while in New Zealand. If you receive medical treatment during your visit, you may be liable for the full costs of the treatment. Full details on entitlements to publicly funded health services are available through the Ministry of Health and can be viewed on their website at www.moh.govt.nz.

Accident insurance

The Accident Compensation Corporation provides accident insurance for all New Zealand citizens, residents, and temporary visitors to New Zealand, but you may still be liable for all other medical and related costs. Further information can be viewed on the ACC website at www.acc.co.nz.

Medical and Travel insurance

International students must have appropriate and current medical and travel insurance while studying in New Zealand. The Centre for Continuing Education will arrange this as part of enrolment in an English Language Programme or customised Short Course. Read more information on Health and Travel Insurance.

Resolving problems

Click here for more information on resolving problems.

Find a course or workshop

Field trips and study tours

How to enrol

Join our mailing list

Connect with us

Facebook  YouTube 

Please give us your feedback or ask us a question

This message is...

My feedback or question is...

My email address is...

(Only if you need a reply)

A to Z Directory | Site map | Accessibility | Copyright | Privacy | Disclaimer | Feedback on this page